Saturday, September 6, 2008

Good News!



We had a vet appointment this morning and Chewie is out of the woods!


So in all they found 7 obvious puncture wounds on his left leg. Several b/t his toes and one big one on his ankle. The only major concern now is rotting skin. The vet has put Chewie on every drug under the sun (just kidding). He has a pain killer, an anti-inflammatory, 2 antibiotics, ect... my counter top looks like the vets office. Anyway, I was told this is a long recovery process. He has to be on medicine for about 3 weeks. All this for a stupid copperhead bite! Let me tell you the next time I see one of those poisonous snakes I'm going to KILL IT!!! Here you can see all the bruising that is starting to move to his to his chest.


Since this has happened my kids have brought home every book in the school library about venomous snakes. One book said durning the cooler/cold months copperheads live in a den to stay warm. I've been wondering since this happened at night (and it was cool on Thursday night) if when Chewie went out to pottie he stepped in a den.


Anyway...we will be putting out SNAKE AWAY on Sunday!


1 comment:

Tracy said...

Oh me...that looks awful. Glad to her he is doing better. Our dog Suzy is like one of hte family, I don't what we would do if something happened to her.