Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Things...

Some new things...


We went out and purchased a little car.
As you guys know Bobby has a big truck that he loves! The only problem w/this truck is the price of the liquid it takes to run the motor...DIESEL GAS! So over the pasted weeks I've been combing Craig's list and local dealerships for a "little" gas sipper! We found one in great shape!


We are the proud owners of a 1992 yes '92 Honda Accord EX. It is almost the same color of Bob's truck (light brown)w/Burgundy interior. If cars could tell a story I would love to hear what this one would say...she has 235,000 miles and has been wrecked b/c it has a salvage title. The title means we just can't get collision on it and your taxes are cheaper. I would love to know it's history...we are waiting to get the title in the mail from Raleigh.


I hope we get another 235,000 miles out of this car...time will tell

Baking:


I've also made some cornbread (thanks Mari for the recipe) recently. The cast iron skillets used to belong to Bob's grandmother Cora. When we moved her up here from Florida we were told we could have anything we wanted out of the kitchen and I grabbed the cast iron stuff. One of the corn skillets is stamped w/a date of 1928. I was trilled when I was done baking I had to grab my camera while they cooled. I guess because the skillets were in the family it just made the cornbread taste that much better to me. (thanks Cora)

5 comments:

Mari said...

I would be lying if I said I wasn't jealous over those skillets...I am coveting those babies!
Nice ride.

sarah said...

Nice Car... that will be so much better with gas, yeah! and i love cast iron, wish i had some.... looks yummy!

Sal said...

NICE CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gabby said...

Hey Sal ya never know you may drive that car one day...If it lasts! Honda's run along time...

Christy said...

Hey Gabby,
we are back from the beach and I am ready to walk with ya. I will see you at around 8:15? I will be tired but I need to walkin'.

And, the car is awesome! That is in better shape than the car I bought years ago... it was a '94 Honda... the one my mom drives now.

See ya in the mornin'
christy